Makes 10-12 4" Pancakes
· 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
· 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· 2 teaspoons ground organic cinnamon
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 2 tablespoons honey
· 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
· 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce – baby food is fine 😊
· 1 cup any non dairy milk
1. Grease a frying pan and heat.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, ground flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the honey, vanilla, applesauce, and milk. Slowly mix half of the liquid into the dry ingredients, stirring continuously, and the rest 1/4 cup at a time to avoid a runny batter. Mix until you get the lumps out of the batter.
4. Begin to cook the pancakes, using about 1/4 cup of the batter for each one.
5. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until they start to bubble around the edges and flip. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the pan, and serve with chopped banana and honey or for lower GI spike try Yacon syrup.